PhD in History of Art.
He has been professor on contract at the Sapienza University of Rome and at the Ca’ Foscari University of Venice.
He is now manager of the Italian Ministry of Cultural Heritage, where he has held the following positions:
- April-June 2016 Regional Secretary and Director of the Regional Museum Complex of Molise;
- since June 2016, Director of the Service of Protection of the demoetno- anthropological and intangible heritage in the Directorate General for Archeology, Fine Arts and Landscape;
- since June 2016, director of the Central Institute for Demo-ethno- anthropology;
- September 2016-April 2017, interim Director of the Museo delle Civiltà, Rome;
- March 2017-January 2018 and since December 2018, Regional Secretary and Director of the Regional Museum Complex of Molise ad interim.
He has participated as a speaker at numerous scientific conferences in Italy and abroad, and he has published books and essays, with particular reference to artists such as Pisanello, Mantegna, Leon Battista Alberti and to cultural contexts such as those of the courts of Mantua, Ferrara and Sabbioneta. He also has studied some artists of the 17th-19th century, including Melchiorre Caffà, Gaspare Traversi and Domenico Morelli.