Emma Nardi is a senior professor of Experimental Pedagogy at the Faculty of Educational Sciences of Roma Tre University in Rome and member of the Department of Education.
Spoken languages: Italian, English, French, Spanish.
Appointments at University Roma Tre:
- a founder member of the Experimental Pedagogy Laboratory;
- founder and head of the Museum Education Centre;
- founder of the second level international distance Master course in Standards for Museum Education;
- founder of the second level distance Master course in Cultural Mediation and Museum Education;
- vicariate director of the OFOSS Interdepartmental Centre (for Employment, Training and Social Development) from 2001 to 2006;
- a member of Roma Tre Evaluation Unit from 2000 to 2008;
- chief editor of Cadmo. Giornale italiano di Pedagogia sperimentale: an international journal of educational research.
Appointments in Italy:
- member of the governing board of the Società Italiana di Ricerca Didattica (Italian Society of Educational Research) from 1996 to 2005;
- from 2008 external evaluator of the Doctorate School of Scienze pedagogiche, dell’educazione e della formazione of University of Padua;
- external evaluator of the Conferenza dei Rettori delle Università Italiane (CRUI).
- Collaboration with museums in Rome, in particular Museo di Roma a Palazzo Braschi, Museo Nazionale Romano alle Terme di Diocleziono, Scuderie del Quirinale.
- from 2016 member of ICOM Executive Board;
- from 2016 ICOM treasurer, president of SAREC (Strategic Allocation of Resources Committee), member of FIREC (Financial Resources Committee);
- from 2010 to 2006 president of the Committee for Education and Cultural Action (CECA) of the International Council of Museums (ICOM);
- from 2005 to 2011 director of the International Doctorate School Culture, éducation, communication;
- from 2007 to 2010 board member of the Committee for Education and Cultural Action of the International Council of Museums; in charge of the development and coordination of the educational activity of European museums;
- president of the Association for Educational Assessment-Europe from 1999 to 2006;
- since 2004 member of the scientific board of the French Institut de Recherche Pédagogique (INRP) ;
- visiting professor at the Ecole du Louvre, University of Stockholm, Univesity of Girona;
- member of the scientific committee of the journal Distances et Savoirs from 2000 to 2008;
- since 2007 member of the Groupe de Recherche en Education Comparée (GREC) at University of ParisParigi (Gercy-Pontoise) and of the scientific committee of the journal Raisons. Comparaisons. Educations. La Revue française d’éducation comparée;
- member of the scientific committee for university summer courses organised by the Direction générale pour l’Innovation et l’Évaluation (Ministère de l’Éducation) in cooperation with the Univerisité de Nantes;
- member of the scientific committee of the Ziff Papieren published by the FernUniversität of Hagen;
- member of the Société Jean-Jacques Rousseau ;
- member of the scientific board of Ecole Doctorale 139 Connaissance, langage, modélisation of University Paris X;
- member of the scientific board of the journal EARI Educación Artística Revista de Investigación, Institute of Creativity and Education Innovation (University of Valencia - Spain).
Participation in national and international projects:
- national coordinator for Italy in the OECD-PISA 2000 project (Programme for International Student Assessment) and author of the national report, published online at the OECD website;
- member of the scientific committee of the OECD-SIALS (Second International Adult Literacy Survey);
- member of the scientific committee of the IEA-PIRLS (Primary International Reading Literacy Study);
- national coordinator for Italy in many Socrates and Leonardo projects on evaluation in distance education proposals;
- grantholder of the project Tempus-Jep “True Assessement- Distance Learning Network for Teachers”, developed with UK and Ucraine;
- responsabile delle attività del progetto Tempus “Demed. Development of Master Study Programmes in Educational Sciences”, developed with UK, Denmark, Kosovo, Macedonia, Albania;
- grantholder of the National Interest Project “Reading and images” (2008-2010);
- partner of the European EMEE project (EuroVision. Museums exhibiting Europe).
Emma Nardi cooperates with the following international institutions on a continual basis:
- Agence Nationale de Lutte contre l’Illetrisme (France);
- Direction générale pour l’Innovation et l’Évaluation (Ministère de l’Éducation, France);
- Educational Testing Service – Europe (the Netherlands);
- National Foundation for Educational Research (United Kingdom);
- University of Avignon et des Pays de Vaucluse;
- Université de Aix Marseilles (France).