Call for papers
Biennial of heritage education 2020 - BEP20
University of Foggia
Department of Humanities, Via Arpi, 176 Foggia
30 March - 01 April 2020
The Biennial of Heritage Education 2020 (BEP20) - the first Conference of its kind in Italy - inaugurates a series of international meetings in which the global scientific community dealing with heritage education, proposes topics for reflection and future research areas.
The conference encourages both research and significant experiences, as well as technological developments and applications supporting heritage education.
The “fil rouge” running through BEP 2020 (this edition of the Biennial) will be the idea of heritage education as a means of recovering social disadvantages. This theme will be the meeting point and the sounding board for research, experiences and technological applications promoting the development of educational potential in five main thematic areas. The common denominator among the various proposals will be centred on the subject of disadvantage.
Cultural heritage and territory
● The role of the Civic Museums
● Cultural heritage and ecology
● Synergies between school and territory
● Music and theatre
● Archives and libraries
Cultural heritage and types of public
● The disadvantaged public: ethnic, religious, social and cultural exclusion
● The third mission of the museum / Museums and the third mission
● The museum outside the museum
● The cultural mediation of intangible heritage (etc.)
Cultural heritage and technologies
● Simulation and augmented reality environments
● Cultural mediation and new technologies
● Virtual versus real
● Educational function of the restoration etc.
Cultural heritage and learning
● Heritage education in continuing education
● Innovative models in heritage education
● Cultural heritage and disability
● Different proposals for different audiences
● Heritage education in school planning, etc.
Cultural heritage and evaluation
● Distinction between learning and appreciation
● Assessment and didactics of heritage
● Different forms of evaluation for different types of public
● System evaluation of museums etc.
HOW TO SUBMIT A CONTRIBUTION
- By the 01st of March 2020, please submit an abstract of no more than 1500 characters, including spaces, and with five key words, to the Organizing Secretary (gobep.it >> Registration) The abstract to be submitted can be written in English or Italian. The Scientific Committee will assess/review the abstracts anonymously; authors will be notified whether they have been successful by the 03th of March 2020.
- Register for the BEP20 according to the participation fees indicated in the table.
The authors of selected contributions must submit, by 20th of March 2020, a presentation Power Point slides, following the guidelines they will receive from the University of Foggia. The details about the duration of the presentation and also the template for the preparation of the presentation will be sent to the authors via email together with the eventual acceptance.
The conference proceedings will be published in electronic format with ISBN by Franco Angeli. If participants want to contribute to the proceedings, they have to send a text that does not exceed 30,000 characters including spaces and that has not been published yet.
Registration fees *
|50||Registration fee until 20th of March 2020|
It is possible to pay the registration fee (€ 50) even after receiving notification of the acceptance of the abstract by the evaluation committee
* The registration fee includes: access to all the BEP20 sessions, coffee break, buffet lunch on 30 and 31 March, and “apericena” (gourmet aperitif) on 31 March.