Call for doctoral thesis
Biennial of heritage education 2020 - BEP20
University of Foggia
Department of Humanities, Via Arpi, 176 Foggia
30 March - 01 April 2020
The Biennial of Heritage Education 2020 (BEP20) intends to provide a periodic opportunity to compare and promote initiatives through the organization of international meetings, open to scholars involved in this area all over the world.
The Rector will nominate three members of the scientific committee to form the doctoral thesis award jury. The jury will read the thesis and rank them. The theses number 2,3 and 4 will get a honour mention. The first one will win the award that consist in a bursary of 5,000 euros. To get the bursary, the winner must engage to attend the three days of the Biennale, paying for his/her trip and accommodation. The conference fees will be offered by University of Foggia.
The prize winner will be invited to participate in the three-day Conference, and s/he will be offered free hotel accommodation, meals and conference registration fees. The winner will also receive a 5.000 euros grant to cover her/his travel expenses. A synthesis of the thesis will be finally published in the Proceedings of the Biennale. To select the doctoral thesis to be awarded, the Rector will set up a special jury composed of Biennial Scientific Committee members.
Participants in the Prize are required to:
- Have discussed a doctoral thesis on the proposed topic in the last 4 years (2016, 2017, 2018 or 2019);
- Commit to be in Foggia during the Biennale;
- Send the jury an electronic copy of the thesis, written in one of the accepted languages: Italian, French, English or Spanish
- Write in English an extract of the thesis of no more than 10,000 characters (including spaces), providing five relevant keywords
- Send his/her Curriculum Vitae in one of the accepted languages: Italian, French, English or Spanish;
- Indicate each of his/her writings/scientific publications, with complete bibliographic data, including the ISBN or ISSN code
- Complete within 01st March 2020 the form below.
The results of the selection will be communicated within 08th March 2020.